Custom Companion v2.x.x Build for Yamaha

I have created a custom Companion build that includes my latest modules:

• Yamaha-MIDI: a module to control the Yamaha CL/QL using MIDI over TCP.
  • Yamaha-RCP: a module to control Yamaha CL/QL, TF and Rivage consoles using the RCP protocol.

Please register on these forums for access to the forum and download links.

You’ll need to hit trust level 1 before you can get to the Builds forum to download!

HINT: Read some posts and threads. It’s a great way to learn more about what the companion modules do as well as get your trust level raised.

Registration is free, and registration is only to allow me to see what sort of popularity these builds get. I won’t be sending any spam, I promise!

Learn about StreamDeck here.
Learn about Companion here.

17 Likes

A custom build of companion 2.4.2, dated Feb 4, 2023

Includes the new “v2” UI for companion and action “browser”!

Contents:

A MIDI module for the Yamaha CL/QL line…

If you’re using it with a console, just de-select “Use Editor” in config and set the IP address to the IP address of your CL/QL console.
Seems Companion needs re-starting sometimes to get things working, not really sure what that’s about yet.

• 1.3.4 Bug Fix for Copy/Paste
  • 1.3.3 Removed Link Macro function, some small bug fixes
  • 1.3.1 Added auto-upgrade for old feedback to new, some bug fixes too
  • 1.3.0 Added “Toggle” function for On/Off actions, updated feedback to new style
  • 1.2.0 Fixed Ch offset for libraries and cleaned up communications
  • 1.1.9 Fixed Delay Time Bug
  • 1.1.8 Cleaned up Config and removed file-based logging
  • 1.1.7 Adds a signed DMG installer for MacOS
  • 1.1.6 Fixes a couple of bugs
  • 1.1.3 Should fix the issue with not getting feedback when pressing a SD key.
  • 1.1.1 Adds automatic Feedback and release button functions to macros, as well as latching macro creation on long press of macro button.

Please read README.md and HELP.md

See the post below for a page of macro buttons.

As ever, start a new thread in the main Companion forum if you find issues or have questions!

Yamaha CL/QL, Rivage and TF module using the RCP protocol.

I have re-written this Companion RCP module from scratch. Had to teach myself JavaScript, figure out how to write a module for companion (with little documentation), and work out how to use GitHub. Not to mention learn how RCP works. Whew!
Post your experiences, bugs, suggestions, etc. in a new thread, please. (This one is locked to keep things clean)

Before installing, EXPORT YOUR EXISTING SETUP - I don’t want to be responsible for you losing your config!

• 1.7.2 Bugfix for custom variables on dropdown
  • 1.7.1 Bugfix for custom variable handling & ability to store scene # to custom variable
  • 1.7.0 Custom variables can be assigned values from feedback
  • 1.6.7 Removal of “MyChannel” settings since they can be done using Custom Variables. Couple of bug fixes too
  • 1.6.6 Custom Variable support for values
  • 1.6.5 Recall Scene Bug Fix for Rivage (different problem)
  • 1.6.3 Recall Scene Bug Fix
  • 1.6.2 Add support for Relative values
  • 1.6.0 Name change and many internal updates. Action names consistent across devices
  • 1.5.1 Adds beta support for Rivage. Macros can now created the same way that they are on the MIDI module! Feedback updated too.
  • 1.4.2 Adds feedback updates on Scene changes
  • 1.4.1 Adds Div command for surround control
  • 1.4.0 Added dropdowns for Patch and Icons, Major re-write of Feedback handling
  • 1.3.6 Additional “My Channel” selections
  • 1.3.4/5 Bug Fixes
  • 1.3.3 Dynamic Parameters
  • 1.3.2, bug fixes.
  • 1.3.1, added Macros!

Click the ? to the right of the instance name in the Companion web GUI for details and instructions for my latest version.

Grab the download here

Note!
You will have to reach Trust Level 1 to access that topic. But don’t worry, it’s easy enough!.

HOT TIP: Read some posts and threads. It’s a great way to learn more about what the companion modules do as well as get your trust level raised.

13 Likes